Benchmarks & Client Cases
in Food Industry
Electricity and Natural Gas consumption
• Average water consumption of 0,12 m³ per tonne produced
• Average electricity consumption of 40,7 kWh per tonne produced
• Average gas consumption of 335,6 kWh per tonne produced
• Limited visibility of detailed information related to the consumption of steam, electricity and raw materials
• Lack of detailed information to enable the launch of effective countermeasures to correct deviations in equipment consumption
Daily countermeasure routine
• Continuous in-line measurement of electricity, steam and raw materials consumption. These measurements will serve as the basis for the costing model and parameterisation of products in the system
• Visibility of detailed consumptions in visual format. These consumptions are analysed in a daily routine which includes the definition of countermeasures
• Condenser recovery through maintenance and replacement of equipment and components
The project generated annual savings of 267,000 € per year.
Electricity consumption reduced by 6%.
Natural Gas Consumption
Natural gas consumption reduced by 8%.
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training programme includes learning the theory and practice and Gemba visits.