Benchmarks & Client Cases
Production Efficiency in Process Industry
• Breakdown Maintenance losses of 14.7 hours/month
• Total duration of planned stoppages over the course of one year was 168.1 hours
• Average setup time of 74 min
• Quality losses of 9.15%
• Lack of information on unplanned stoppages and ad-hoc resolution of problems
• Performance losses due to lack of standard parameters for production
• Inefficient planned stoppages due to poor diagnosis, lack of resource allocation, material preparation and team coordination
• Micro-stoppages in paper transformation and undefined setup activities
• Suboptimal planning sequences
• Structured Problem-Solving approach for unplanned stoppages, supported by detailed data
• Definition of optimal production parameters
• Standardised procedures and operator training
• More frequent planned stoppages managed through project management tools such as Last Planner, Risk Analysis and Task KANBAN
• Autonomous maintenance to reduce micro-stoppages during paper transformation
• Production sequencing guidelines and process standardisation to minimise setup activities
The project had a payback period of 4 months with annual savings surpassing 1.7 million €.
As a result of maintenance issues, breakdown times reduced by 20%
Time for planned stoppages reduced by 26%
Volume of quality losses reduced by 4%
Logistics productivity increased by 31% with optimisation of layouts and containers
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training programme includes learning the theory and practice and Gemba visits.