Benchmarks & Client Cases
New Plant Design
• Very large investment in a New Plant (9M€ Capex)
• Very long Payback time (7 years)
• Investment on hold
• New Plant Design was very Expensive
• Traditional Supply Chain Design Principles
• Too much waste designed in
• Value Stream Design: Develop the entire value chain, aligned with the plant's vision and Lean Principles
• Plant Layout Design: Reduction of waste in logistics, processes and communication circuit
• 8 layouts developed and evaluated against previously identified muda
• Direct link between process and packaging
Lead Time reduced by 2 days (-10%).
Total Movement Distance and Total Distance Travelled reduced by 1km (-20%).
Capex reduced to 7,9 million € (-12%).
Payback period reduced to 3.5 Years.
Optimal Layout increased Capacity by 25% without the need to increase the size of the finished goods warehouse.
Optimal Layout reduced Handling.
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training programme includes learning the theory and practice and Gemba visits.