Benchmarks & Client Cases
Continuous Profitable Growth at Danaher Corporation
Danaher Production System
• Up to 1991, the Danaher Production System only sought to improve costs
• The impact on sales was indirect (through Quality and JIT Delivery)
• No model or tools to improve non-production departments such as Innovation, Product Development, Sales or Logistics
• Top Management not seeing the benefits
• Strategy planning not following Lean principles
Danaher Business System
• Expand Lean to Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
• Expand Lean to business processes and engage the Top Management
• Expand Lean to cover idea-to-execution processes
The Danaher Business System improvement culture together with the improved Strat to Action process yielded impressive results.
Total return, dividends reinvested
Because of the DBS Culture and the Strat to Action Process, Danaher has grown profitably by almost 20% every year. This is also reflected in its market valuation: 80,000% since 1980.
Total Shareholder Return, CAGR 2000-2010
The generation of extremely high Free Cash Flow allowed the company to implement a very successful M&A Strategy with a strong impact on Total Shareholder Returns (TSR).
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training programme includes learning the theory and practice and Gemba visits.