Benchmark & Case Studies
Productivity Increase in Specialised Retail
• Increasing number of units sold, with a decreasing profit margin, creates pressure to improve productivity
• Labour cost rising faster than sales do – high % of MOD/Sales
• Fixed team sizes, not adapted to workload fluctuation
• High percentage of time dedicated to processes that are not customer-driven
• Unclear distribution of tasks and process monitoring, leading to low resource occupation
• Differing level of customer service between stores, no company-wide standard
• Daily team sizing, based on customer flow, incoming stock and online order volume
• Task and process standardisation, with frequent monitoring
• Alignment between 200 stores on how to operate, involving operators and team leaders
This project generated benefits of 28M€/year.
MOD/Sales rate reduced by 10%.
Productivity improved by 25%.
Online Service Level
Online service level increased by 11%.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training programme includes learning the theory, putting it into practice and visiting benchmark Gemba.