Benchmarks & Case study
Reduction of Energy Consumption in the Process Industry
• High energy costs: 12% of industrial costs
• Electricity costs increasing year on year
• Lack of knowledge of the weight of different equipment in the overall consumption
• Unused equipment not switched off
• Low factory power factor (0.85)
• Ishikawa analysis of electricity over-consumption
• Process for disposal of unused equipment
• Standardisation of start-up after shutdown, with optimum sequence to minimise power peaks
• Installation of measuring devices on critical equipment. Consumption data analysis by equipment with launching of countermeasures
The project has generated 211k €/year.
Reduction of electricity costs by 17%.
Power Factor correction
Increase of power factor correction by 14%.
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training programme includes learning the theory, putting it into practice and visiting benchmark Gemba.